Monday, March 23, 2015

Cardboard Construction


It's Scott from Brick by Brick. I love to repurpose materials—use materials in ways different from their intended purpose.

I've written before about my struggle with tossing a box. But you cannot keep every box. What else could you do with it? Cut it up and build with it.


We have a collection of cardboard pieces. Some are from cutting flaps off boxes or cutting up the box itself. Some are left from art projects or other activities. Some are former packing materials (inside boxes!). 


Recently I placed a collection of cardboard pieces with my blocks. My kids had a great time exploring the possibilities.


Cardboard pieces make great roofs. They make great ramps.


They make great walls or floors. We have discovered all kinds of ways to use those cardboard pieces.


I am continually surprised and impressed with all the ways that kids can creatively use...well, just about anything. And these recent experiences with cardboard pieces are no exception.

How have you used pieces of cardboard? Share any ideas for art or construction or...anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...