Friday, October 23, 2015

Rock the Box! Roll the Marble!

It's Scott from Brick by Brick. I love to repurpose materials—use materials in ways different from their intended purpose.

Sometimes I think that I only use things for something else. I tell people that I never use things for the real purpose!

A while back I mused on how to use a box I had acquired. Well, we recently used that box (or one like it) to paint.

We used marbles, spoons, and that box together to paint.

marble painting (Brick by Brick)

Put the paper in the box. Drop a marble in paint. Spoon out the marble and drop on the paper. Move that box around.

marble painting (Brick by Brick)

We discovered that the marble would quickly lose paint. So we would drop it back into the paint and go again.

marble painting (Brick by Brick)

We've done a similar activity with an oatmeal box. But this is different because we can see the tracks that the marble makes, as it does it.

Grab a box, any size. Just cut down the paper to fit. And rock the box and roll the marble to paint. Rock and Roll!!

marble painting (Brick by Brick)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...