Thursday, June 16, 2016

Singing and Dancing - OUTDOORS!

  The sun’s in the sky, the breeze is gentle and what could be better than singing and dancing outdoors!  It’s Miss Carole of MacaroniSoup here, and I’ll keep this blog short and sweet.

  Are you still teaching this summer?  Day camp, year-round school, park district program, youth librarian, daycare provider – get outdoors and lift your voices to the sky!

Children love to sing outdoors – it’s freeing!  Plus there’s often more space for movement and dancing.  

SO, what can you do?  Find a performance venue presenting local professionals – libraries, park districts, or city cultural events.  Perhaps you could meet at the venue that day, or if you’re lucky it’s walk-able!  (I’ll be touring in the Denver area in a few weeks – check my website calendar for specifics – as well as performing around Illinois.)

B-I-N-G-O!


Take your students outside your own location – a small patch of grass can be a great place for a circle dance such as B-I-N-G-O!” or "Here We Go Looby Loo!"  Need a refresher on that one? It was the topic of my February 2016 blog!


The Shaker Hop!





Bring instruments outdoors and get “The Shaker Hop” going (check it out on my April2016 blog)  – or just shake your sillies out, or have a Marching Band or Parade!






Everyone knows “The Hokey Pokey” – put your hand in, put your hand out…children of all ages love it!  Go on - it's in your head!  "You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around
  That's what it's all about!"
You can use my version - no lefts/rights and not too fast - on my "Sticky Bubble Gum" cd.




Singing in the Rain - "tongue out


Oh Oh!  There’s “Singing in the Rain”, too!  I wrote all about that in my MARCH 2016 blog.  
   “Children” of all ages love this one!
"Singing in the Rain" - bottoms up!












Jump Jim Joe - round you'll go!


Go on – swing your partner in “Jump Jim Joe!”  Find out more about this one in my January 2015 blog!  It's the second song I highlighted in my topic of songs that promote friendship/good social behavior!




ENJOY THE SUMMER WITH A SONG!
 
...AND TAKE IT OUTDOORS!

Yours for an OUTDOOR Song!
“Miss Carole” Stephens

847-384-1404

For staff development workshops, keynotes, family concerts or school events - call or email Carole - she travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...